A diagnostic test kit quantitatively measures the expression levels of a panel of prostate cancer-specific biomarkers in patient urine sample or biopsy tissue sample to distinguish prostate cancer from benign patients or normal men.
Function and Applications:
- A very accurate prostate cancer diagnostic test
- May be used for prostate cancer screening
- Prevent both “under-detection” and “false-detection”
- Detection of a panel of prostate cancer-specific biomarkers that are differentially expressed in prostate cancer cells as compared to prostate cells in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) patients, prostatitis patients and healthy men
- Prostate cancer cells dissociate from prostate gland and are released into urine, so prostate cancer-specific biomarkers in cancer cells can be detected in the urine sample
Using multiplex real-time quantitative RT-PCR to measure gene expression levels of prostate cancer-specific biomarkers and the diagnosis is made with our proprietary data analysis algorithm
Test is run on any real time PCR machine, can be performed in most clinical testing labs.
Clinical Study Results
In one study with 144 patient specimens, the test has:
Sensitivity=96.59%, Specificity=94.64%, AUC=0.996, P<0.0001
In a different study with 244 patient specimens, the test has:
Sensitivity=97.25%, Specificity=92.31%, AUC=0.981, P<0.0001