A prognostic test kit quantitatively measures the expression levels of a panel of metastasis-specific biomarkers in patient urine sample or biopsy tissue sample to detect existing metastatic prostate cancer and predict prostate cancer that will become metastatic in the future
Function and Applications
- Diagnosis and treatment guidance: determine if patients have metastatic prostate cancer who need most aggressive treatment
- Prediction of patient metastasis in the future: patients can be stratified to determine the most suitable treatment based on their likelihood of developing metastatic cancer in the future
- Prostate cancer metastasis surveillance: monitor prostate cancer progression and metastasis
- Prevent both “under-treatment” and “over-treatment”
- Detection of a panel of metastasis-specific biomarkers that are differentially expressed in metastatic and non metastatic prostate cancer cells
- Prostate cancer cells dissociate from prostate gland and are released into urine, so metastasis-specific biomarkers in cancer cells can be detected in the urine sample
Using multiplex real-time quantitative RT-PCR to measure gene expression levels of prostate cancer metastasis-specific biomarkers and the prognosis is made with our proprietary data analysis algorithm
Test is run on any real time PCR machine, can be performed in most clinical testing labs.
Clinical Study Results
In one study with 150 prostate cancer patients, the test has:
Sensitivity=92.86%, Specificity=95.90%, AUC=0.980, P<0.0001
In a small validation study with 31 metastatic cancer patients and 2 regular prostate cancer patients, the test correctly detects all metastatic prostate cancer and non metastatic prostate cancer.